About Me

My photo
I live on the North-East coast and would have a lovely view along the coast-line as far as Souter point if it were not for a big red blot of a building at the bottom of my street. There is a slight gap between the building and the trees across the road where I can glimpse my blue, sometimes muse.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Second Flash Fiction with thanks to Sarah...




Interloping Disaster
Sarah clambered into the Church Shop window, clutching a pair of salad tongs and a plastic bag, whilst chuntering at Sue's attempt at window dressing.
“I said I'd be calling in after my leg waxing” she scolded as she stumbled across the dressing table detritus.
“Just why has she strewn the black feather boa around a flea-bitten cat-scratching pole?” Sarah had demanded Sue save it so she could try it on with the outfit she'd bought for her 'Strictly Cull the Seagulls Charity Event.' The Churchyard was growing a Guano coating thicker than the icing on a Mary Berry carrot cake.
“I'll have to sterilise it before I try it on now,” she continued scathingly, stretching across the display with the tongs.
Across the street Sue was poised ready to capture her handiwork for the Parish magazine. The flash caught Sarah unawares.
“Oops, not just leg waxing then...” Sue sniggered.

1 comment:

  1. This was fantastic - so cutting and catty!
    I just wonder where all that inspiration sprang from???
    Hope you get it posted on the #SatSunTails site to enter - or maybe I don't - how can I cope with such competition?
    I have created a flash fiction monster!!!!!

    hehehehehehehheheehhehehehehhe

    ReplyDelete