About Me

My photo
I live on the North-East coast and would have a lovely view along the coast-line as far as Souter point if it were not for a big red blot of a building at the bottom of my street. There is a slight gap between the building and the trees across the road where I can glimpse my blue, sometimes muse.

Thursday 17 January 2013

My first Visual Dare

Here is my first foray into the flash fiction world. With generous help from a friend.

“They are due down the drive at any moment so stay hidden. The gullible guard hasn't rumbled us yet” Phil whispered through pursed lips, fearful of drawing attention.
“We have the element of surprise on our side with this disguise.” mumbled Liz through the mac.
The proud couple walked slowly toward the impatient press pack with their precious bundle.
Surreptitiously they sidled past the guard in order to gain the best view point.
The guard grinned as their camera clicked and they captured the first image of their grandchild. How he wished they would embrace modern technology and use the hospital's secret entrance.

5 comments:

  1. Was still thinking about your story as I drove home and realised it should be "great" grandchild. Didn't pick that up before sorry.

    Also don't know if it was intentional but I love the line about embracing modern technology when they are carrying such an old fashioned camera - hehe!

    Hope to see you using your blog a bit more often - now get cracking on that Five Sentence Fiction... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Anmelia! So glad you joined the Visual Dare this week. Love the whimsical voice in this one - makes one wonder just how gullible the guard is, or if there is more Phil and Liz that colors their perception of things. Great entry! Hope to see you again at the next #VisDare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee - loved this, made me giggle imagining them doing this!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anmelia! Welcome to #VisDare! If you have enjoyed the challenge I have a number of other regular flash challenges listed on my blog. Look forward to your next entry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments - all. Am a rusty writer and a blog novice. Thanks for kind comments and to Sarah my friend and mentor. Please feel free to critique.

    ReplyDelete